[infra][release] delete old EOL'd stable branches

Herve Beraud hberaud at redhat.com
Wed Jan 27 10:23:31 UTC 2021

Le mar. 26 janv. 2021 à 18:35, Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> a écrit :

> On 2021-01-26 17:52:07 +0100 (+0100), Előd Illés wrote:
> [...]
> > 1. I've used the list_eol_stale_branches.sh [2] script to get the list of
> > such not-yet-deleted branches for Ocata [3]. They are all tagged with
> > 'ocata-eol', but stable/ocata branch still exists for them. Could you
> please
> > delete these? [3]
>
> I'm happy to, have you made sure any open reviews for those branches
> are abandoned first? Gerrit won't allow deletion of a branch with
> open reviews.

I think we need a first round of inspection on these stale branches to see
if opened patches exist and then if needed start discussion with teams to
ask them to drop the patches those who have been found.

I'll try to add this feature to check for opened patches within
`list_eol_stale_branches.sh`.

--
Hervé Beraud
Senior Software Engineer at Red Hat