[all] Proposed Xena cycle schedule

Herve Beraud hberaud at redhat.com
Mon Jan 25 17:40:59 UTC 2021

Hey everyone,

The Wallaby cycle is going by fast, and it's already time to start
planning some of the early things for the Xena release. One of the
first steps for that is actually deciding on the release schedule.

Typically we have done this based on when the next Summit event was
planned to take place. Due to several reasons, we don't have a date yet
for the second 2021 event.

The current thinking is it will likely take place in October (nothing is
set, just an educated guess, so please don't use that for any other
planning). So for the sake of figuring out the release schedule,
we are proposing two schedules, one targeting a release date in mid of
september, one
targeting a release date in early October. Hopefully this will then align
well with event plans.

I have two proposed release schedule up for review here:

- https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/releases/+/772367 (23w)
- https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/releases/+/772357 (25w)

Please feel free to comment on the patch if you see any major
issues that we may have not considered.

Thanks!
--
Hervé Beraud