[tripleo][ussuri][centos8] overcloud deploy fails with no valid host was found, GRUB2 cannot mount with regular user

Ruslanas Gžibovskis ruslanas at lpic.lt
Fri Jan 22 22:55:11 UTC 2021

Hi all,

I am trying to build some cloud again and failing with [1]. I think this is
a most critical line. It fails during GRUB2 deployment on overcloud image,
I believe main error message is: mount: only root can do that. I used the
following steps to create image:

cp -ar /etc/yum.repos.d repos
# enable: repos/CentOS-HA.repo
sed -i "s/enabled=0/enabled=1/g" repos/CentOS-Linux-HighAvailability.repo
sed -i "s/gpgcheck=1/gpgcheck=0/g" repos/*repo
export DIB_YUM_REPO_CONF="$(ls $(pwd)/repos/*repo)"
export STABLE_RELEASE="ussuri"
source /home/stack/stackrc
mkdir /home/stack/images
cd /home/stack/images
openstack overcloud image build --config-file
/home/stack/overcloud-images-python3.yaml
openstack overcloud image upload --update-existing
# openstack overcloud node configure --all-manageable

overcloud-images-python3.yaml file content can be found here [2], just
added additional packages, such as tcpdump, iperf, iptraf and so on...
And steps from link [3] to set root pass to troubleshoot if needed.

any thoughts? Maybe there were some changes recently (from 22 of December)
PRevious images from there. Thank you for your thoughts and attention.

[1] http://paste.openstack.org/show/GDYriAXxQniZTPQGJGbH/
[2] http://paste.openstack.org/show/2tkVFdwSZ0QMjoJKmOrm/
[3]
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_openstack_platform/16.0/html-single/partner_integration/index#qcow_setting_the_root_password