[all][infra] CI test result table in the new gerrit review UI

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Jan 21 20:53:16 UTC 2021

On 2021-01-21 17:27:12 +0000 (+0000), Sean Mooney wrote:
[...]
> if you agressivly cache there is no point in frequent pooling i
> would consider anything less then 5 mints to be still relitivly
> frequent by the way so 1 minute is not very infrequent.
[...]

When I said "aggressively" I meant we're actually caching what would
normally be considered dynamic data. The Zuul API sets...

    Cache-Control: public, max-age=1

...so that browsers will try to avoid requesting the file more than
once a second, and we front it with Apache mod_proxy so the server
will also refresh its cache roughly that often.

I think frequent requests are fine, maybe not once a second, but
once every five or ten would likely be okay (our Zuul dashboard
refreshes its status every 5 seconds in your browser, and that's
pulling the full status blob for the tenant, not just
change-specific data like the Gerrit plugin would presumably do). We
have capacity and a scalable architecture now, so I'd err on the
side of responsiveness and user convenience unless we see that it's
actually still a problem.
--
Jeremy Stanley