[RDO][CentOS] RDO plans to move to CentOS Stream

Ronelle Landy rlandy at redhat.com
Thu Jan 14 21:25:41 UTC 2021

On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 10:45 AM Alfredo Moralejo Alonso <
amoralej at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,

Alfredo, thanks for posting this CentOS 8 stream related release info.

> As you know, CentOS announced recently that they will be focusing on
> CentOS Stream [1] and that CentOS Linux 8 will be EOL at the end of 2021
> [2].
>
> In order to align with this change, the RDO project is adapting the
> roadmap for the current and upcoming releases:
>
> - RDO Wallaby (ETA is end of April 2021 [3]) will be built, tested and
> released only for CentOS 8 Stream.
> - RDO CloudSIG repos for Victoria and Ussuri will be updated and tested
> for both CentOS Stream and CentOS Linux 8 until end of 2021 and then
> continue on CentOS Stream.
> - In the upcoming weeks, we will create new RDO CloudSIG repos for
> Victoria and Ussuri for CentOS Stream 8.
> - RDO Trunk repositories (aka DLRN repos) will be built and tested using
> CentOS 8 Stream for all releases currently using CentOS Linux 8 (starting
> with Train).
>
> If you are interested in the details about these plans and how we plan to
> implement it, we've created a blog post [4].
>
> Don't hesitate to ask us in the ML or in the #rdo channel on freenode if
> you have questions or suggestions about this.
>
> We are also organizing a video AMA about RDO and CentOS Stream on
> Thursday Jan 21 1600 UTC in the RDO Meet room
> https://meet.google.com/uzo-tfkt-top

We are doing some initial CentOS 8 stream testing (on Train -> Wallaby
releases) as tracked on
http://dashboard-ci.tripleo.org/d/jwDYSidGz/rpm-dependency-pipeline?orgId=1.

However,  since the majority of the testing for RDO is done in upstream
openstack, is there an estimate on when an upstream CentOS-8-Stream
nodepool node will be available for check/gate testing?

Thanks!