[all]Introduction to venus which is the project of log management and has been contributed to the OpenStack community

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Jan 13 10:59:47 UTC 2021

Laurent Dumont wrote:
> This seems really interesting. Tracing events with request-ids is
> something that is quite useful.
>
> What is the current state? Can it be deployed by a third party?

I see code up at https://opendev.org/inspur/ but I haven't tried
deploying it.

If it gathers momentum, I suspect it will be proposed as a new official
OpenStack project, and if the Technical Committee approves it, it will
be moved under the openstack/ namespace on opendev.org. It already
follows our usual repository structure (venus, python-venusclient,
venus-tempest-plugin...)

--
Thierry