答复: [lists.openstack.org代发]Re: 答复: [all]Introduction to venus which is the project of log management and has been contributed to the OpenStack community

Liye Pang(逄立业) pangliye at inspur.com
Wed Jan 13 02:04:07 UTC 2021

 ---- On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 02:45:10 -0600 Brin Zhang(张百林) <zhangbailin at inspur.com> wrote ----  > >-----邮件原件-----
> > >发件人: Thierry Carrez [mailto:thierry at openstack.org]  > >发送时间: 2021年1月11日 21:12  > >收件人: openstack-discuss at lists.openstack.org
 >>
 >> > If others are interested in collaborating on producing that component, I  > personally think it would be a great fit for the  > > "operations tooling"
 >> > section of the OpenStack Map[1].
 >>
 >> Yes, after Inspur did a 1,000-nodes OpenStack single-cluster large-scale test, I was more convinced of the benefits Venus can bring to operation and maintenance. By Venus, we can quickly locate and find problems with the OpenStack platform, which can bring great convenience to operation and maintenance.
 >>
 >> https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/RSrjjZjVFn086StNLV1Ivg This is the article of 1000-nodes test, but it's wrote by Chinese, don't worry ^^, we will publish the English article in future.
 >>
 >> This is the demo for Venus, hope that can help you to know what it can be done: https://youtu.be/mE2MoEx3awM> https://youtu.be/mE2MoEx3awM  >  > > [1] https://www.openstack.org/software/

>Thanks Liye, Brin for the details, I also things this is a valuable project for day-to-day operation on a large-scale cloud or even small scale to automate the log to alter, etc.
>Just one question, can we configuration the particular error log msg string/pattern for raising alarm? and different levels of alarm (critical, high priority etc)?
>For example: If there is a known limitation on my cloud (due to RBAC or backend deps) and requests end up in error so I do not want to raise an alarm for those.

>-gmann

At present, the alarm task for the error log is placed in our monitoring system, and the data is obtained from venus. Only the alarms for the number of error logs and the regular matching of typical error log are realized,and alarm level can be defined by yourself.
In the future, we will migrate the alarm notification function to venus, and at the same time, we will comprehensively organize the matching mode of the error log to form a configuration template.
Everyone is welcome to join us.