[heat][tripleo] os-apply-config os-refresh-config os-collect-config project governance

James Slagle james.slagle at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 13:23:10 UTC 2021

On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 7:47 AM Marios Andreou <marios at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hello Heat team o/
>
> as discussed in the thread at [1] TripleO is no longer using
> os-collect-config, os-refresh-config and os-apply-config as part of the
> OpenStack deployment. As such we are considering moving these repos to the
> independent release model.
>
> However as pointed out in [1] it seems that Heat is still using these -
> documented at [2]. Is the Heat community interested in taking over the
> ownership of these? To be clear what the proposal here is, I posted [3] -
> i.e. move these projects under the Heat governance.
>
> Thanks for your time, thoughts and comments on this, either here or in
> [3]. If you are NOT interested in owning these then we will likely move
> them to independent, or possibly even unmaintained/eol (in due course).

I realized a possible wrinkle with moving these to Heat governance. TripleO
still relies on the stable/train branches given these projects are still
used in train, and there exists a possibility that TripleO cores may need
to backport patch(es) to the train branch in these projects.

--
-- James Slagle