[tripleo] move os-refresh-config, os-collect-config, tripleo-ipsec to 'release-management': none

Marios Andreou marios at redhat.com
Tue Jan 12 12:43:30 UTC 2021

On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 12:07 PM Marios Andreou <marios at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 5:07 PM Herve Beraud <hberaud at redhat.com> wrote:
>

>> Le lun. 11 janv. 2021 à 15:27, Alex Schultz <aschultz at redhat.com> a
>> écrit :

>>> deadline for making a victoria release for os-refresh-config,
>>> os-collect-config and tripleo-ipsec.

>>> would anyone mind if we stopped making tagged releases, as discussed at
>>> [2]. Would someone mind if there was no stable/victoria branch for these
>>> repos?

>>> least, we aren't using these any more in the 'normal' tripleo deployment
>>> for a good while now, since we switched to config download by default. We
>>> haven't even created an ussuri branch for these [3] and no one has shouted
>>> about that (or at least not loud enough I haven't heard anything).
>>>
>>> Maybe switch to independent?  That being said as James points out they
>>> are still used by Heat so maybe the ownership should be moved.
>>>

>> I agree, moving them to the independent model could be a solution, in
>> this case the patch could be adapted to reflect that choice and we could
>> ignore these repos from victoria deadline point of view.
>>
>> Concerning the "ownership" side of the question this is more an internal
>> discussion between teams and eventually the TC, I don't think that that
>> will impact us from a release management POV.
>>

> ack yes this makes sense thanks James, Alex, Herve and Rabi for your
> comments
> First I'll refactor
> https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/releases/+/769915 to instead move
> them to independent (and i'll also include os-apply-config). Then I'll
> reach out to Heat PTL to see what they think about the transfer of
> ownership,
>
> thanks all

me again ;)

my apologies but I've spent some time staring at this and have changed my
mind. IMO it is best if we go ahead and create the victoria bits for these
right now whilst also moving forward on the proposed governance change.

To be clear, I think we should merge [1] as is to create stable/victoria in
time for the deadline. We already have a stable/victoria for
os-apply-config and so let's be consistent and create it for
os-refresh-config and os-collect-config too.

I reached out to Heat with [2] and posted [3] to illustrate the proposal of
moving the governance for these under Heat. If they want them then they can
decide about moving to independent or not.

Otherwise I will followup next week with a move to independent.

[1] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/releases/+/769915
[2]
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2021-January/019777.html
[3] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/governance/+/770285