[nova] workarounds and operator experience around bug 1522307/1908133

Eugen Block eblock at nde.ag
Wed Jan 6 13:48:22 UTC 2021

Hi,

we're using OpenStack with Ceph in production and also have customers
doing that.
 From my point of view fixing nova to be able to deal with shared
storage of course would improve many things, but it doesn't liberate
you from monitoring your systems. Filling up a ceph cluster should be
avoided and therefore proper monitoring is required.

I assume you were able to resolve the frozen instances?

Regards,
Eugen