[infra][magnum][ci] Issues installing bashate and coverage

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Jan 4 18:08:16 UTC 2021

On 2021-01-04 18:41:06 +0100 (+0100), Pierre Riteau wrote:
[...]
> I cannot reproduce the issue locally: `tox -e lower-constraints`
> works fine, and so do your recommended commands with the foo venv.
> I've tried on multiple operating systems, including Ubuntu 20.04
> (with Python 3.8 and pip 20.3.3).
[...]
> Do you know what I could be missing for reproducing this locally?
[...]

At this point it may be easier to reproduce with the latest version
of virtualenv (20.2.2 at time of writing) since it started pulling
in pip 20.3.1 on its own. Just upgrade virtualenv and try your tox
command again and see if things are any different for you. It
reproduces exactly on my workstation with latest tox/virtualenv just
running `tox -e lower-constraints` in a current blazar repo master
branch checkout.

As for the doubled-constraints I mentioned in the earlier post,
looks like blazar is hitting that as well. To correct it you need to
move your upper-constraints addition into the default testenv deps
list rather than adding it to the default install_command string.
Right now it's getting inherited in testenv:lower-constraints too
which can't be a good thing. Compare the approach in blazar with
that of nova:

https://opendev.org/openstack/blazar/src/commit/cb7c142a890e84a2b3171395832d9839b2d66a63/tox.ini#L11

https://opendev.org/openstack/nova/src/commit/b0f241e5425c99866223bae4b404a4aa1abdfddf/tox.ini#L27

Changing it in my local blazar checkout gets farther, though it
looks like the old version of markupsafe you're trying to use may
not work with latest versions of setuptools (ImportError: cannot
import name 'Feature' from 'setuptools'). Hope that helps!
--
Jeremy Stanley