[cinder] cinder-tempest-plugin-lvm-lio-barbican failures

Luigi Toscano ltoscano at redhat.com
Fri Feb 26 17:12:22 UTC 2021

On Friday, 26 February 2021 17:59:32 CET Ghanshyam Mann wrote:
>  ---- On Fri, 26 Feb 2021 09:23:47 -0600 Brian Rosmaita
> <rosmaita.fossdev at gmail.com> wrote ----
>  > Luigi's patch has merged, so it's OK to recheck
>  > cinder-tempest-plugin-lvm-lio-barbican failures.
>  >
>  > On 2/25/21 4:42 PM, Brian Rosmaita wrote:
>  > > The backup tests in the cinder-tempest-plugin-lvm-lio-barbican job have
>  > > been failing for the past 24 hours or so.  Luigi has a patch up that we
>  > > think will fix this:
>  > >
>  > > https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/cinder-tempest-plugin/+/777685
>  > >
>  > > Until that merges, there's no point in rechecking
>  > > cinder-tempest-plugin-lvm-lio-barbican failures.
>
> Thanks, I missed your ping on IRC yesterday which I think is for this.
>
> Yes, the 'member' role was the default role set by devstack on each Tempest
> test user (dynamically created). That was blocking Tempest or plugins to
> test the new 'reader' role and testing specific role without a 'member'
> role. If that break any job or test then we need to configure it from that
> job or test like done in 777685.

Can we have a devstack variable to set this, instead of using devstack_localrc
which is used to populate local.conf and whose values replace anything at the
end?
This would allow devstack plugins (like barbican devstack plugin, which adds
"creator") to extend that value (list of roles to be assigned to tempest
users).

--
Luigi