[ALL] [infra] [QA] RHEL in upstream first party ci. aka RHEL for Open Source Infrastructure

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Feb 25 15:20:03 UTC 2021

On 2021-02-25 15:02:27 +0000 (+0000), Sean Mooney wrote:
[...]
> that is something that would have to be clarifed with
> rosi-program at redhat.com to confirm but at the very least i wanted
> to highlihgt this to people so that we can at lest disucss if
> should/can utilize the program or not to provide rhel images in
> the first party ci or not.
[...]

Please do follow up with them. If we can get a public statement with
some legal backing from Red Hat that we're allowed to build and
upload our own customized RHEL images into our accounts in various
public cloud providers, without having to get those providers
individually certified and licensed to run them first, then I think
that's the only real legal hurdle we'd need cleared [obligatory "I
am not a lawyer" disclaimer].
--
Jeremy Stanley