[infra][tact-sig][kolla] Kayobe CI failing on vexxhost

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Feb 25 14:26:46 UTC 2021

On 2021-02-25 09:19:38 +0000 (+0000), Mark Goddard wrote:
[...]
> Is there any way to block a particular cloud provider for certain
> CI jobs until this is resolved?

So just to get this straight, it sounds like you've got a bug in
your software or your tests which you can only reproduce on one
cloud provider, and you're asking if we can find a way for you to be
able to ignore this bug for now so you can go on releasing with it?
If some of your users come to you saying your software is failing
for them, do you suggest that they turn off their systems/stop
running the software? How about start with a link to a failure
representative of the problem, so others can help you try to
identify the cause. The build you linked in your followup message
succeeded, so not much help in figuring out why it's sometimes
failing.

Also, no, we don't really have a means to allow projects to decide
which providers their jobs will run in. If most everyone's jobs are
failing in some provider we disable that provider and work with them
to figure out the problem. If only one project's jobs are failing,
it tends to suggest the problem is not with the provider, or maybe
with a feature in that provider which no other project is trying to
use. Either way, let's get some detail about the problem and go from
there. Maybe the issue is more widespread and we can try to find
evidence to bring to the provider's support team, but so far you've
provided no evidence to back that assertion.
--
Jeremy Stanley