[ops][victoria][trove] Problems running Trove

Ammad Syed syedammad83 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 04:48:41 UTC 2021

Hi,

I think filesystem error is ignorable as trove guest agent first check the
existence of filesystem in attached block device.

The second error looks like its enable to find container image in docker
hub. Could you please check the name of datastore and version.

Currently only mysql mariadb and postgresql are supported.

Review below link this will be helpful.

https://www.server-world.info/en/note?os=Ubuntu_20.04&p=openstack_victoria4&f=15

- Ammad

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 6:13 AM <DHilsbos at performair.com> wrote:

> All;
>
> I've had a number of issues getting Trove to run for us, though I've
> worked through most of them (lots of network problems...).
>
> I now have the Nova instance starting, and it reaches out to the cluster's
> RabbitMQ instance.
>
>  I'm getting these errors logged in /var/log/trove/trove-guestagent.log
> inside the Nova instance:
> ERROR trove.guestagent.volume '/dev/vdb' was not formatted.:
> oslo.concurrency.processutils.ProcessExecutionError: Unexpected error while
> running command.
> Command: sudo dumpe2fs /dev/vdb
> Exit code: 1
> Stdout: "Couldn't find valid filesystem superblock.\n"
> Stderror: 'dumpe2fs: Bad magic number in super-block while trying to open
> /dev/vdb\n'
>
> Farther down, I get this:
> WARNING trove.guestagent.utils.docker [-] Failed to get container
> database: docker.errors.NotFound: 404 Client Error: Not Found ("No such
> container: database")
>
> There are a number of similar errors, all indicating that it can't get the
> Docker files from somewhere.
>
> I'm not sure if the first is an actual issue.  Wouldn't the current Trove
> setup expect it's data storage add-on volume to be blank initially?
>
> The second suggests that I still have a network issue, most likely
> routing, as the Nova instance thinks it has 2 routes to the internet, but
> only one works.
>
> Any thoughts would be appreciated.
>
> Dominic L. Hilsbos, MBA
> Director - Information Technology