OVN Distributed Floating IP and L3 Gateway HA

Lazuardi Nasution mrxlazuardin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 09:57:02 UTC 2021

Hi,

For having OVN distributed floating IP, should I use the "distributed" flag
on router creation of OpenStack and/or use all compute nodes as Gateway
Chassis?

For having L3 Gateway HA for non floating IP instances, should I use the
"ha"  flag on router creation of OpenStack?

I ask this since I find that pinging from outside network to floating IP
always comes to one of Gateway Chassis nodes. Is this normal behavior?

Best regards.