[cinder] os-brick nvmeof connector changes

Brian Rosmaita rosmaita.fossdev at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 23:35:24 UTC 2021

The nvmeof connector was refactored by Change-Id:
I84145ce0be96c3e39b00720bddd179f91703b978 [0] that is included in
os-brick release 4.2.0.  Unfortunately, it introduced a regression that
has broken current drivers consuming that connector [1].

Ivan has a patch up to revert the change and restore the legacy nvmeof
connector [2].  Zohar suggests instead adding some compatibility code to
the refactored driver.  Please take a look at [2] and leave some helpful

The Mellanox CI, which runs the SPDK driver that uses the nvmeof
connector hasn't been responding recently, but Ivan said he can trigger
it manually to test changes, so we'll be able to validate the "old"
nvmeof connector interface.

[0] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/os-brick/+/768575
[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/os-brick/+bug/1916264
[2] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/os-brick/+/776441