[docs] Web analytics

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Fri Feb 19 20:24:42 UTC 2021

On Fri, Feb 19, 2021, at 12:07 PM, Peter Matulis wrote:
> Hi, is it possible to access web analytics for the documentation
> projects one maintains?

We publish daily goaccess reports for the vhosts served on static.opendev.org. This includes many of of the project doc sites. Zuul runs jobs that collect the info and publishes them as job artifacts which means the easiest way to find them is through Zuul's build search. Here [0] is a search that pulls up the reports for openstack. Open up the build result page, navigate to the artifacts tab, and select the goaccess report artifact.

All of the jobs are configured in opendev/system-config [1] if you want to take a look and see what is being collected.

Note that we intentionally avoid collecting stats on user agents and ip addresses to avoid disclosing too much info.

If you are looking for client side js based analytics I'm not sure how those are set up. I think some of the docs projects do or did have such things configured, but I don't know who has access to the results.

[0] https://zuul.opendev.org/t/openstack/builds?job_name=docs-openstack-goaccess-report
[1] https://opendev.org/opendev/system-config/src/branch/master/zuul.d/goaccess.yaml