[oslo][security-sig] Please revisit your open vulnerability report

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Feb 18 17:03:19 UTC 2021

On 2021-02-18 10:36:52 -0600 (-0600), Ben Nemec wrote:
[...]
> I ended up just closing this one for Oslo because it appears that using the
> oslo.cache backend actually fixes the bug.

Thanks!

> I also pushed a patch for a formerly private bug[0] that just bumps our
> minimum pyyaml version to avoid a vulnerability. I suspect everyone is
> already running newer versions of it, but if not now they know that they
> should. :-)
>
> Strangely, I don't remember getting an email notification about that bug. I
> thought coresec team members were notified about private security bugs. I
> guess I'll have to keep a closer eye on our bug list from now on.
>
> 0: https://bugs.launchpad.net/oslo.config/+bug/1839398

Please double-check https://launchpad.net/oslo.config/+sharing and
make sure "Private Security: All" is shared with "OpenStack
Vulnerability Management team (openstack-vuln-mgmt)" but it's also
just possible we missed triaging that report when it was opened. VMT
members do periodically check
https://launchpad.net/openstack/+bugs?field.information_type%3Alist=PRIVATESECURITY
for anything that's slipped through the cracks. Not often, but I'm
pretty sure it's not been as long as the ~1.5 years since that bug
was opened.
--
Jeremy Stanley