[magnum] status fail if images are marked with community

Ionut Biru ionut at fleio.com
Tue Feb 16 10:16:23 UTC 2021

Hi guys,

I wanted to "decommission"  the old stable fedora-coreos-32 from my catalog
and I marked the image with community instead of public. That's how the
nova team suggested that old images should be decommissioned .

A cluster deployed with that image had a node shutdown and magnum healer
tried to resolve the issue and now the status of the cluster is in error
with:
 faults               | {'default-master': "Resource UPDATE failed:
resources[0]: resources.kube_masters.Property error:
resources.kube_node_volume.properties.image: Error validating value
'fedora-coreos-32-x86_64': No images matching {'name':
u'fedora-coreos-32-x86_64'}.", 'default-worker': "Resource UPDATE failed:
resources[0]: resources.kube_masters.Property error:
resources.kube_node_volume.properties.image: Error validating value
'fedora-coreos-32-x86_64': No images matching {'name':
u'fedora-coreos-32-x86_64'}."} |

In the mean time I have marked the image as public and started the node but
the healer cannot fix it and  it's the status is still in error.

Magnum api has an exception in the logs:
 magnum.common.exception.NotSupported: Updating a cluster when status is
"UPDATE_FAILED" is not supported

openstack coe cluster show:
https://paste.xinu.at/JxYaw/

What's the right path to fix this issue?

--
Ionut Biru - https://fleio.com