[QA] Migrate from testr to stestr

Luigi Toscano ltoscano at redhat.com
Wed Feb 10 13:14:36 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 9 February 2021 18:52:31 CET Martin Kopec wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> testr unit test runner (testrepository package [1]) hasn't been updated for
> years, therefore during Shanghai PTG [2] we came up with an initiative to
> migrate from testr to stestr (testr's successor) [3] unit test runner.
> Here is an etherpad which tracks the effort [4]. However as there is still
> quite a number of the projects which haven't migrated, we would like to
> kindly ask you for your help. If you are a maintainer of a project which is
> mentioned in the etherpad [4] and it's not crossed out yet, please migrate
> to stestr.

I've sent a fix for cinder-tempest-plugin, but I'd like to note that several
packages (probably all tempest plugin) don't really use stestr, because they
don't have unit/functional tests. They do define a base "testenv" tox
environment which the others environment inherit from (pep8, etc), so maybe
the dependency could be just removed (maybe we need some general guidance/
common patterns).

Ciao
--
Luigi