[openstack-ansible] Re: How to configure interfaces in CentOS 8.3 for OSA installation?

Jonathan Rosser jonathan.rosser at rd.bbc.co.uk
Wed Feb 10 13:00:01 UTC 2021

Hi Amey,

The documentation that you linked to is specifically for the ansible
deployment host, which can be separate from the OpenStack target hosts
if you wish. The only requirement is that it has ssh access to the
target hosts, by default this would be via the network attached to
br-mgmt on those hosts.

In terms of the target hosts networking, you should refer to
https://docs.openstack.org/project-deploy-guide/openstack-ansible/latest/targethosts.html#configuring-the-network.

OpenStack-Ansible does not prescribe any particular method for
setting up the host networking as this tends to be specific
to the individual environment or deployer preferences.

You should pick most appropriate network config tool for your
OS/environment and create the bridges and networks listed in the
table on the target hosts documentation.

I would always recommend starting with an All-In-One deployment
https://docs.openstack.org/openstack-ansible/latest/user/aio/quickstart.html.
This will generate a complete test environment
with all the host networking set up correctly and will serve as
a reference example for a production deployment.

Do join the #openstack-ansible IRC channel if you would like
to discuss any of the options further.

Regards,
Jonathan.