[cinder] wallaby new driver - kioxia kumoscale

Brian Rosmaita rosmaita.fossdev at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 15:33:21 UTC 2021

I'm proposing that we extend the wallaby new driver merge deadline for
the kioxia kumoscale driver to Friday 12 February 2021 to give the
reviewers who committed to reviewing the patches at the cinder meeting
last week [0] time to complete their reviews of the driver [1] and
os-brick [2] changes.

The Kioxia 3rd party CI is running and responding to patches, and the
dev team has been very responsive to reviews and posted revisions quickly.

This extension past the standing Milestone-2 deadline for new drivers is
due to limited review bandwidth this cycle which I am attributing to
stress caused by the ongoing pandemic, so this should not be considered
a precedent applicable to new drivers proposed for future releases.

If you have comments or concerns about this proposal, please respond to
this email so we can discuss at the virtual mid-cycle meeting tomorrow.
And if you have committed to reviewing one of the patches and have not
done it yet, please review as soon as possible!

cheers,
brian

[0]
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/cinder/2021/cinder.2021-02-03-14.00.log.html