[oslo][keystone] Future of oslo.limit

Goutham Pacha Ravi gouthampravi at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 00:53:20 UTC 2021

On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 2:03 PM Ben Nemec <openstack at nemebean.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Last week in the Oslo meeting it was noted that we have some rather old
> patches open against oslo.limit. Before we spend a bunch of time getting
> those reviewed and merged, we wanted to confirm that this was still
> something people wanted to pursue. Things have been pretty quiet on the
> limit front for a while now, and doing the Oslo side does us no good if
> no one is going to consume it.

Hi Ben!

I've been following this loosely, and we thought it would be a good
thing to prototype unified limits with manila. We've had an Outreachy
intern (Paul Ali) join us this cycle to work on this, and he's getting
familiar with the implementation in keystone and oslo.limit and is
currently working on the glue code within manila to use the library.
So, yes, the answer is we're definitely interested.

As you mention, there was an effort to get this tested and used in
nova: https://review.opendev.org/q/topic:%22bp%252Funified-limits-nova%22+(status:open%20OR%20status:merged)
which ties into [1].
I'll take a look at [1] with Paul, and help with code review.