[All][StoryBoard] Angular.js Alternatives

Kendall Nelson kennelson11 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 18:02:42 UTC 2021

Hello!

I definitely agree that it would be nice to unify, someday, but like
Thierry said, we've tried to use the same framework in the past and it
resulted in the team having to learn and start from scratch and resulted in
almost no additional help.

We talked about all of the pros and cons in our last meeting if you'd like
to read it[1]. I was definitely interested in React because of Zuul's use
of it, but I know they are a small team themselves and can't expect that
they will come help us just because we picked a framework they have
experience with. Since we already have a POC in Vue and some of our team
members have experience with it, that's what we are going to go with. That
said, if there were a handful of contributors that wanted to help us build
it in React and volunteered right now, we might be willing to reopen
discussion :)

- Kendall (diablo_rojo)

[1]
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/storyboard/2021/storyboard.2021-01-28-18.01.log.html#l-8