[stein][manila] share migration misconfiguration ?

Ignazio Cassano ignaziocassano at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 11:16:17 UTC 2021

Hello, thanks for your help.
I am waiting my storage administrators have a window to help me because
they must setup the snapmirror.
Meanwhile I am trying the host assisted migration but it does not work.
The share remains in migrating for ever.
I am sure the replication-dr works because I tested it one year ago.
I had an openstack on site A with a netapp storage
I had another openstack on Site B with another  netapp storage.
The two openstack installation did not share anything.
So I made a replication between two volumes (shares).
I demoted the source share taking note about its export location list
I managed the destination on openstack and it worked.

The process for replication is not fully handled by openstack api, so  I
should call netapp api for creating snapmirror relationship or ansible
modules or ask help to my storage administrators , right ?
Instead, using share migration, I could use only openstack api: I
understood that driver assisted cannot work in this case, but host assisted
should work.

Best Regards
Ignazio