[all] Gate resources and performance

Dmitriy Rabotyagov noonedeadpunk at ya.ru
Thu Feb 4 20:29:35 UTC 2021

Hi!

For OSA huge issue is how zuul clones required-projects. Just this single action takes for us from 6 to 10 minutes. It's not _so_ big amount of time but pretty fair, considering that we can decrease it for each CI job. Moreover, I think we're not alone who has more several repos in required-projects

And maybe we have some kind of solution, which is ansible module [1] for parallel git clone. It speeds up process dramatically from what we see in our non-ci deployments. But it needs some time and resources for integration into zuul and I don't think we will be able to spend a lot of time on it during this cycle.

Also we can probably decrease coverage for some operating systems, but we're about testing minimum of the required stuff and user scenarios out of possible amount of them. I will still try to drop something to the experimental pipeline though.

[1] https://opendev.org/openstack/openstack-ansible/src/branch/master/playbooks/library/git_requirements.py

--
Kind Regards,
Dmitriy Rabotyagov