[all] Eventlet broken again with SSL, this time under Python 3.9

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Tue Feb 2 19:53:34 UTC 2021

On Tue, 2021-02-02 at 19:52 +0100, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> On 2/2/21 5:35 PM, Sean Mooney wrote:
> > On Tue, 2021-02-02 at 15:57 +0000, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> > > On 2021-02-02 12:32:29 +0100 (+0100), Thomas Goirand wrote:
> > > [...]
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > If memory serves, dnspython and eventlet both monkey-patch the
> > > stdlib in potentially conflicting ways, and we've seen them interact
> > > badly in the past.
> > upstream eventlet force 1.16.0 to be used via there requirement files
> > in responce to us filing upstream bug after 2.0.0 was released
> > so its known that you cant use dnspython 2.0.0 with eventlest currently
>
> Setting such a upper bound is just a timebomb, that should be
> desactivated as fast as possible.
yes it was done because dnspython broke backwards comaptiatbly and reved a new major version
the eventlet mainatienr were not aware of it and it was capped to give them time to fix it.
they have merges some patches to make it work but i think some of it need to be fixed in dnspython
too. this is the bug https://github.com/eventlet/eventlet/issues/619

the pin was put in  place in august https://github.com/eventlet/eventlet/issues/619#issuecomment-681480014
but the fix submitted to eventlet https://github.com/eventlet/eventlet/pull/639 didnt actully fully fix it
https://github.com/eventlet/eventlet/issues/619#issuecomment-689903897

https://github.com/rthalley/dnspython/issues/559 was the dnspython bug but that seams to be closed.
https://github.com/rthalley/dnspython/issues/557 and https://github.com/rthalley/dnspython/issues/558
are also closed but its still not actully fixed.