[magnum][heat] Rolling system upgrades

feilong feilong at catalyst.net.nz
Tue Feb 2 02:22:55 UTC 2021

HI Krzysztof,

For the first point, at least for new node, we probably need to update
the image ID of the Heat template. But for existing node, there is no
way to update the image ID because it's a readonly attribute from Nova
perspective. And I agree a non-invasive way would be good. I'm going to
discuss with Heat team to understand if there is a pre-update hook we
can leverage to drain before updating the OS. I will keep you posted.

--
Cheers & Best regards,
Feilong Wang (王飞龙)
Email: flwang at catalyst.net.nz
Catalyst IT Limited
Level 6, Catalyst House, 150 Willis Street, Wellington