No network access for Openstack instances

Mauricio Tavares raubvogel at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 19:12:35 UTC 2021

On Fri, Dec 24, 2021 at 12:29 PM A Monster <amonster369 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have used kolla ansible to deploy openstack on two machine servers, but after setting up the images and the virtual networks, the vm instances don't get the ip address that neutron provides for them, so I had to manually set the addresses inside the vm's, but even with that I can't seem to connect vm's to neither internet nor any other network.
> I'm on centos 7 and trying to deploy openstack train using
> kolla ansible 9.3.1
> Ansible 2.9.25
> And neutron open vSwitch.

I am away from my computer, but this has happened to me before. As you
know, neutron must use vswitch to create the gateway to connect the
private vlan to the outside per your instructions. Sometimes it does
not. A few times it was just that the vms would not get the
DHCP-provided IP, but it seems you are past that and manually entered
the internal IP and route. If that is the case, the next thing is to
go to vswitch and see if you can follow the network to see what is
missing.