[cinder] MPIO - how to set "storage_interface" when using two NICs for storage connection

Adam Tomas bkslash at poczta.onet.pl
Thu Dec 23 11:50:59 UTC 2021

Thanks a lot :)

So - anyone from cinder team - how to use cinder with external MPIO iSCSI storage? If I use external iSCSI storage (like NetApp, Nexenta, etc) I have to configure proper cinder.volume.driver.iscsi.XXXX and specify storage host. But what if my storage host is reachable on multiple IP addresses? Should I set

XXX_host=FIRST_IP
XXX_host=SECOND_IP
XXX_host=THIRD_IP
…

?

or one XXX_host=IP is enough to get additional paths from iSCSI target?

Best regards

Adam Tomas