[requirements][OpenStackClients][rally][tempest][watcher][nova][glance] Use prettytable in requirements

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Dec 22 15:46:27 UTC 2021

On 2021-12-22 17:23:16 +0200 (+0200), Dmitriy Rabotyagov wrote:
> Nowadays, PrettyTable package has been replaced with prettytable
> in PyPi. In the meanwhile in global-requirements we still have old
> name being mentioned[1]. This brings unpleasant inconsistency,
> considering that in upper-constraints it's called as
> prettytable[2]
>
> Based on that I propesed patch[3] that aims to add prettytable
> package, so that affected projects could replace package in their
> requirements.txt in a timely manner.
[...]

I'm confused. PrettyTable and prettytable are the same thing as far
as PyPI/Warehouse is concerned. Python package names are
case-insensitive, so both of these normalize to an identical string.
In fact, if you try to go to https://pypi.org/project/PrettyTable/
you will simply end up at https://pypi.org/project/prettytable/
anyway, same if you try to `pip install PrettyTable` then `pip
freeze` will tell you that you have prettytable installed.

Can you elaborate on what problem the mixed-case version of the name
is causing?
--
Jeremy Stanley