[neutron] Routing fake "floating IPs" of VMs running inside VMs of an OpenStack

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Fri Dec 17 15:46:48 UTC 2021

Hi,

I've been designing a CI for OCI [1] to make it more robust and easier
to contribute. After a week and a half, I've been able to make OCI
deploy itself in an OpenStack itself. OCI itself pops with a public IP I
can reach from the outside, and it setups OpenStack inside OpenStack VMs
on a flat, private subnet (currently 192.168.100.0/24).

This works pretty well, I have a fully working setup, and the deployment
is completely automated. This even works without admin credentials, so
all one needs, is a non-privileged account in any OpenStack.

However, at this point, I'd like to setup the network for VMs inside the
VMs. And that's where it becomes tricky. The VM that runs tempest will
need to reach the floating IPs of the VMs inside the VMs that are
running nova-compute, in order to do ssh tests. How can I do that? Is
this even possible?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)

[1]