[all][tc] What's happening in Technical Committee: summary 10th Dec, 21: Reading: 10 min

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Fri Dec 10 21:50:58 UTC 2021

Hello Everyone,

Here is this week's summary of the Technical Committee activities.

1. TC Meetings:
============
* Most of the meeting discussions are summarized below (Completed or in-progress activities
section). Meeting full logs are available @ https://meetings.opendev.org/meetings/tc/2021/tc.2021-12-09-15.00.log.html

* Next week's meeting is on IRC on 16th Dec, Thursday 15:00 UTC, feel free the topic on
the agenda[1] by 15th Dec.

2. What we completed this week:
=========================
* 'Consistent and Secure Default RBAC' is selected as community-wide goal [2]
* Add NVidia vGPU plugin charm to OpenStack charms[3]

3. Activities In progress:
==================
TC Tracker for Yoga cycle
------------------------------
* This etherpad includes the Yoga cycle targets/working items for TC[4].

Open Reviews
-----------------
* 5 open reviews for ongoing activities[5].

OpenStack Pain points discussion
We had a separate video call on Wed 8th Dec and discussed four projects' pain
points[6] and also added the tag to categorize them. Details are sent by Rico in a
separate email[7] and we will continue the discussion in Jan. Stay tuned on that
ML thread to know the next meeting details.

Skyline as an official project
---------------------------------
Discussion going on in ML thread[8] regarding the things/improvement to do
in Skyline project for various things to make it consistent with other OpenStack
projects. Skyline team has confirmed to work on all those points on the governance
patch[9] which is under review by TC.

TC position on release cadence
-------------------------------------
Discussion is in-progress in ML thread[10]. No other updates from TC on this and we will
set up a separate call to continue the discussion sometime in Jan (after the Christmas holidays).

Yoga testing runtime
-------------------------
Governance patch is up for review on keeping python3.6 support in Yoga[11]

Fixing Zuul config error
--------------------------
If your project is listed in zuul config error, please start planning to fix those[12]

Community-wide goal updates
------------------------------------
You might have seen my email[13] about goal status and planning the work, below is
the current status:
* Selected (active) goals[14]:
** Migrate from oslo.rootwrap to oslo.privsep
** Consistent and Secure Default RBAC
* Goal proposal under review:
** FIPS compatibility and compliance [15].

Adjutant need maintainers and PTLs
We are still waiting to hear from Braden, Albert on permission to work on this project[16].

Project updates
-------------------
* Retire js-openstack-lib [17]

4. How to contact the TC:
====================
If you would like to discuss or give feedback to TC, you can reach out to us in multiple ways:

1. Email: you can send the email with tag [tc] on openstack-discuss ML[18].
2. Weekly meeting: The Technical Committee conduct a weekly meeting every Thursday 15 UTC [19]
3. Ping us using 'tc-members' nickname on #openstack-tc IRC channel.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/TechnicalCommittee#Next_Meeting
[2] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/goals/selected/consistent-and-secure-rbac.html
[3] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/governance/+/819856
[4] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/tc-yoga-tracker