[kolla] Plan to deprecate binary and unify on single distrubition

Michał Nasiadka mnasiadka at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 07:37:34 UTC 2021

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your opinion - but we can’t really wait until each Debian OpenStack release to test all the features (and what will be broken) - we already trail long time after the official OpenStack release due to other issues.
That would significantly lengthen the delay and the process involved.

Kolla has been doing voting CI on source images for a long time - and we don’t want to change it.

It’s also a direction to make the external dependencies smaller - not bigger - and I see the custom things added from packager perspective as a dependency.

Best regards,
Michal