[kolla] Plan to deprecate binary and unify on single distrubition

Adrian Andreias adrian at fleio.com
Wed Dec 1 21:30:48 UTC 2021

The user doesn't have to build the images that are source based. Ready
built source-based images are available: https://quay.io/search?q=kolla

Binary-based Kolla docker images are installing (at image build time)
OpenStack projects via system packages, while source based images are
symply adding projects' Python source code.

Just as you said, the user shouldn't care much about distro inside images.
But makes things a lot easier for developers to maintain less images and
without working around different versions and dependencies provided by the
system packages of various distros.

Regards,
Adrian Andreias