[ops] [kolla] RabbitMQ High Availability

Pierre Riteau pierre at stackhpc.com
Wed Dec 1 21:22:52 UTC 2021

Hello Albert,

The amqp_durable_queues configuration option comes from
oslo.messaging, which is a library used by many OpenStack projects.
You can set this option in the [oslo_messaging_rabbit] section of each
of these OpenStack projects (check their configuration reference for
more details).

As for how to configure it with Kolla Ansible: you can either set it
directly for each service (e.g. in /etc/kolla/config/nova.conf to
configure it for Nova) or for all projects at once using
/etc/kolla/config/global.conf. Projects that don't support this option
should just ignore it.

Read this section of the documentation for more details:
https://docs.openstack.org/kolla-ansible/latest/admin/advanced-configuration.html#openstack-service-configuration-in-kolla

Best wishes,
Pierre Riteau