[Kolla] update

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Mon Aug 30 16:51:16 UTC 2021

On Mon, 2021-08-30 at 18:31 +0200, Ignazio Cassano wrote:
> Hello Sean, I am agree to use a testing environment before running on
> production.
> I wonder if kolla detects the presence of new images and makes all needed
> steps for stopping containers and restarting from new images.
if you are not changing the tag then no kolla wont see that the tag was updated on docker hub and pull the new images

if you are building your own images and pushign them to a local registry with a new tag e.g. train-30-08-2021 and then you
update the tag in your gloabl.yaml kolla will detech that that image is not avaiable local on the nodes, pull it and then update it.

generally i would suggest when you pull the images to your local regestry you tag them your self with a new tag and then update
the tag in your gloabl.yml so that you can roll back to the old images eaislly if you need too.