[nova][dev] Improved scheduling error messages

Mohammed Naser mnaser at vexxhost.com
Sat Aug 28 02:37:48 UTC 2021

Hi there,

I like the idea, but historically, Nova has steered away from giving more
details on why things failed to schedule in order to prevent leaking
information about the cloud.

I agree that it’s one of the more painful errors, but I see the purpose
behind masking it from the user in an environment where the user is not the
operator.

It would be good to hear from other devs, or maybe if this can be an
admin-level thing.

Thanks
Mohammed

--