Support for ONOS

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Fri Aug 27 12:08:36 UTC 2021

On Fri, 2021-08-27 at 13:03 +0530, Hrishikesh Karanjikar wrote:
> Hi Slawek,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
> Can you guide Which SDN controller is best and supported in Netron via ML2
> plugin/driver.

in general the design of openstack/neutron is such that it owns the ovs bridges and
flow rules and you as a openstack operator shoudl not need to manage anything.

neutron itself is an sdn contoler that allows self service network configureation vai
its rest api and an abstraction layer between the end user and underlying implemantion.

it can delegate the swich configuration to external sdn contoler but even in that case
you are not intned to modify flows on the integration bridge via the sdn contoler manually.

the sdn contoler can be used to manage your top of rack swithc and other infrasturue not managed
by neutron but there is ment to be a seperation of concerns. all networking on comptue nodes shoudl be
manageged via the neutron api and only your datacenter infrastucrue should be manageve by you via the
sdn contoelr.