Support for ONOS

Slawek Kaplonski skaplons at redhat.com
Fri Aug 27 06:48:26 UTC 2021

Hi,

On piÄ…tek, 27 sierpnia 2021 07:18:10 CEST Hrishikesh Karanjikar wrote:
> Hi Sean,
>
> I am new to this domain.
> My use case is simple,
>
> I have a node that runs OvS and I want to manage the flows remotely using
> an SDN controller.
> Initially I tried with ODL but it does not have a Web UI like ONOS has.
> So I was using ONOS.
> I am not sure if Neutron would do the same. If it is possible then I will
> not need any other SDN controller.

Neutron is generally providing connectivity for Your VMs/routers/etc and it
may use different backend. If You will use e.g. ML2 plugin with OVN backend,
Neutron will configure OVN and OVN will then configure flows in OVS on the nodes
to achieve that.
But if You are looking for a tool which will allow You to see OpenFlow rules
on each node, and manipulate them with some GUI, then Neutron is not for You.
It don't have such functionality.

--
Slawek Kaplonski
Principal Software Engineer