about deploy method

Radosław Piliszek radoslaw.piliszek at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 13:13:39 UTC 2021

On Mon, Aug 23, 2021 at 1:00 PM Tommy Sway <sz_cuitao at 163.com> wrote:

> Hi:
>

> For the four deployment schemes given in the official document, I have the following questions:
>
> First, is the charms deployment scheme only applicable to Ubuntu system?

Yes, this is technology from Canonical and currently it runs reliably
only on Ubuntu but one could obviously port it to other systems if
they needed.

> Second, what is the difference between kallo and Openstack-Ansible deployment?

Kolla (Greek for "glue") deploys using Docker container images (the
deployment is done using Kolla Ansible). OpenStack Ansible does not
use this approach and instead installs components on demand using
virtual environments and (I think still? someone correct me if I'm
wrong) optionally LXC.
Both projects use Ansible but everything else (e.g., the approach to
configuration, deployment, upgrades) differs greatly between the two
of them.

-yoctozepto