[all][tc] What's happening in Technical Committee: summary 20th Aug, 21: Reading: 5 min

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Fri Aug 20 23:41:21 UTC 2021

Hello Everyone,

Here is this week's summary of the Technical Committee activities.

1. TC Meetings:
============
* TC held this week's IRC meeting on Aug 19th Thursday.

* I am summarizing the meeting activities in the below sections (Completed or in-progress activities
section). To know more details, you can check the full log @
- https://meetings.opendev.org/meetings/tc/2021/tc.2021-08-19-15.00.log.html

* We will have next week's meeting on Aug 26th, Thursday 15:00 UTC[1] feel free the topic
in agenda by Aug 25th.

2. What we completed this week:
=========================
* Discussion on Murano project retirement[2]
** We discussed this in the TC meeting and as Rong Zhu (current PTL) confirmed
to continue maintaining it we decided to drop the retirement process.

3. Activities In progress:
==================
TC Tracker for Xena cycle
------------------------------
TC is using the etherpad[3] for Xena cycle working item. We will be checking and updating
the status biweekly in the same etherpad.

Open Reviews
-----------------
* Four open reviews for ongoing activities[4].

Combined PTL/TC Election Season for Yoga
* The nomination period for PTL and TC elections are open, please add your nomination before the deadline[5]
* Also encourage people to run for election especially for TC seats.

New project application: 'Venus'
--------------------------------------
* There is a new project application called 'Venus': Log management service[6].
* Governance patch is also up with all the details[7] and discussion going on.
 If you have any queries on this, this is the right time to ask on the ML thread or on Gerrit.

Moving TC meetings to video/voice calls
* In TC we are thinking of moving the meeting to video/voice calls. Brian also posted Cinder's
monthly video call experience which was helpful, feel free to share your experience too if any.
* In this week TC meeting, we agreed to try monthly video call (1st weekly meeting of every month)
and based on the experience we will discuss it in PTG to make it more formal or so.
* We will continue the discussion on which tool to use etc in next week's TC meeting also.

Project updates
-------------------
* Retiring js-openstack-lib [8]
* Retire puppet-monasca[9]

Yoga release community-wide goal
* Please add the possible candidates in this etherpad [10].
* Current status: Proposed "Secure RBAC" to select for Yoga cycle[11].

PTG planning
----------------
* We are collecting the PTG topics in etherpad[12], feel free to add any topic you would like to discuss.

Test support for TLS default:
----------------------------------
* Rico has started a separate email thread over testing with tls-proxy enabled[13], we encourage projects
to participate in that testing and help to enable the tls-proxy in gate testing.

4. How to contact the TC:
====================
If you would like to discuss or give feedback to TC, you can reach out to us in multiple ways:

1. Email: you can send the email with tag [tc] on openstack-discuss ML[14].
2. Weekly meeting: The Technical Committee conduct a weekly meeting every Thursday 15 UTC [15]
3. Office hours: The Technical Committee offers a weekly office hour every Tuesday at 0100 UTC [16]
4. Ping us using 'tc-members' nickname on #openstack-tc IRC channel.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/TechnicalCommittee#Next_Meeting
[2] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2021-August/024263.html
[3] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/tc-xena-tracker
[4] https://review.opendev.org/q/project:openstack/governance+status:open