Configuration of OvS running on SmartNIC using OpenStack

Frode Nordahl frode.nordahl at canonical.com
Thu Aug 19 18:07:38 UTC 2021

Hello Hrishikesh,

On Thu, Aug 19, 2021 at 7:28 PM Hrishikesh Karanjikar
<hrishikesh.karanjikar at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am looking forward to configuration/management of OvS running on SmartNIC using Openstack.
> Any pointers that can help are appreciated.

Thank you for your interest in SmartNICs with control plane CPUs!

There are efforts on the way to support SmartNICs with control plane
CPUs with OpenStack. We are currently actively developing support in
OpenStack's dependencies, namely libvirt [0], Open vSwitch [1] and OVN
[2] and have also put forward specifications for implementation in
Nova [3] and Neutron [4].

0: https://www.spinics.net/linux/fedora/libvir/msg219545.html
1: http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/openvswitch/patch/20210506102840.285473-1-frode.nordahl@canonical.com/
2: http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/ovn/cover/20210819110857.2229769-1-frode.nordahl@canonical.com/