[wallaby][neutron] OVN Geneve multiple tunnels

Jakub Libosvar jlibosva at redhat.com
Mon Aug 16 10:19:10 UTC 2021

On 16.08.2021 11:26, Ammad Syed wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using neutron with ovn geneve. Currently I have two nic ports and I
> have bonded them in active passive bond in linux and assigned an IP address
> on vlan tagged interface for overlay network.
>
> Is it possible that I can use two or more IP addresses for overlay tunnels
> between compute hosts ? I am planning to assign an IP on each NIC so that I
> can have redundancy as well as a pair of tunnel with more throughput
> between compute hosts ?
>
> Ammad

Hi Ammad,

as per the ovn-controller code [1] it doesn't support list of IPs for
the tunnel endpoints. Therefore you can't have 2 IPs used for the tunnels.

If you want to achieve higher throughput you can configure the linux
bond to use LACP and run it in active/active mode.

I hope that helps.

Jakub

[1]
https://github.com/ovn-org/ovn/blob/f9a4c68373b1e4d32e1f027f7f4fdf154878dcc6/controller/encaps.c#L183-L185