[murano][tc] Project Retirement

Rong Zhu aaronzhu1121 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 14:59:55 UTC 2021

Hi,

Sorry for my late response, I am a little bit busy for internal works
recently.

If TC has decided to retire murano, I have no objection. But If TC think
someone can keep maintain it and not retire, I am glad to keeping maintain
Murano project. Please reconsider this.

Thanks,
Rong Zhu

Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org>于2021年8月14日 周六22:41写道:

> Mohammed Naser wrote:
> > Today, at the TC weekly meeting, it was brought up that Murano was not
> > very active over the past few years and most likely has had a major
> > amount of bitrot.  The community is not able to reach the current PTL
> > of the project either.
> >
> > Personally, I think that at this point, Murano is a bit past it's
> > time.  We've got a lot more developments in application deployment
> > nowadays, OpenStack offers things like Magnum to get a Kubernetes
> > cluster which you can run workloads on via Helm, or projects like Zun
> > offer serverlerss containers directly, making a lot of what Murano
> > used to do not so helpful in the current landscape.
> >
> > I'm sending this email to discuss/propose the idea of retiring the
> project.
>
> +1 due to:
>
> - low adoption
> - peripheral nature (no other project depends on it)
> - superseded by other software distribution strategies (containers)
>
> zhurong has done a great job at keeping it alive from a release
> standpoint, but I have no idea how usable it actually is today.
>
> --
> Thierry
>
> --
Thanks,