[Kolla-Ansible][Ironic] Baremetal node Cleaning fails in UEFI mode, but succeeds in Legacy Bios Mode

Anirudh Gupta anyrude10 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 09:13:51 UTC 2021

Hi Team,

I am trying to provision Baremetal node using IRONIC with KOLLA-ANSIBLE.
I have enabled the support of "IPXE" in kolla-ansible as well.

I am getting an issue that when my baremetal node is booted in UEFI Mode,
it is not able to find file *"ipxe.efi"* as a result of which cleaning of
the node fails

[image: image.png]

But when I change the BIOS Mode of my Baremetal Node to Legacy.BIOS, it
looks for the file "*undionly.kpxe"* for which the acknowledgment is
received and Data Packets are transferred. Eventually the cleaning of node
is also a success.

[image: image.png]

Is there any limitation of IRONIC or KOLLA-ANSIBLE side that provisioning
of Baremetal Node can only be done in Legacy Bios Mode?
For bare metal provisioning in UEFI mode, is there any other parameter that
needs to be enabled.

Regards
Anirudh Gupta