[tripleo] Y cycle PTL nominations from 17th August

Marios Andreou marios at redhat.com
Fri Aug 13 12:43:31 UTC 2021

Hello tripleo o/

in case you missed in, the OpenStack Y cycle election season is soon
upon us starting 17th August [1]

As previously mentioned in tripleo irc meetings I do not intend to run
for a third cycle as ptl. I think it is healthy for the project to
have new energy and ideas brought by a new ptl and we are very
fortunate to have many capable candidates in our community who have
not previously occupied that role.

I'd like to encourage anyone who is considering this to read the info
from [1] and in particular prepare a nomination [2]. Feel free to
reach out to me if you have any questions or concerns. If you *are*
thinking about it bear in mind there are many experienced people
around that can and will help so ... how badly can it go ! ;)

regards, marios

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2021-August/024093.html
[2] https://governance.openstack.org/election/#how-to-submit-a-candidacy