"[Kolla][Kolla-Ansible] Ironic Node Deployment"

Radosław Piliszek radoslaw.piliszek at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 09:38:43 UTC 2021

On Mon, Aug 9, 2021 at 10:53 AM Lokendra Rathour <lokendrarathour at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Mark,
> Thanks for the reply.
> As it looks that getting ironic installed in Kolla-Ansible is not that
> easy.
> As we know that Kayobe is also using Kolla-ansible underneath, so we may
> have a similar line of challenges when deploying ironic over Kayobe ?

It will be the same experience, except for handling of the server
provisioning layer and setting up networking for you.
I suggest you try it as it gives you more out of the box and may help you
spot the issue in your previous setup.
Ironic works just fine with Kolla Ansible but requires more understanding
of your baremetal layer than the other services.
Also, do note Kayobe will use Ironic (via Bifrost) to provision your nodes
so you will test Ironic from yet another angle.

-yoctozepto