[release] Release countdown for week R-8, Aug 09 - Aug 13

Herve Beraud hberaud at redhat.com
Fri Aug 6 14:13:31 UTC 2021

General Information
-------------------

The following cycle-with-intermediary deliverables have not done any
intermediary release yet during this cycle. The cycle-with-rc release
model is more suited for deliverables that plan to be released only once
per cycle. As a result, we have proposed[1] to change the release model
for the following deliverables:

- python-openstackclient (
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/releases/+/803221)
- ansible-role-atos-hsm (
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/releases/+/803216)
- ansible-role-atos-lunasa (
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/releases/+/803216)
- ansible-role-thales-hsm (
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/releases/+/803216)

[1] https://review.opendev.org/q/topic:%22not-yet-released%22

PTLs and release liaisons for each of those deliverables can either +1
the release model change, or propose an intermediary release for that
deliverable. In absence of answer by the end of R-10 week we'll consider
that the switch to cycle-with-rc is preferable.

We also published a proposed release schedule for the upcoming
yoga cycle. Please check out the separate thread:

https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/releases/+/800663

Upcoming Deadlines & Dates

Non-client library freeze: August 26 (R-6 week)
Client library freeze: September 2 (R-5 week)
Xena-3 milestone: September 2 (R-5 week)

--
Hervé Beraud
Senior Software Engineer at Red Hat